Quarter Pounder With Cheese – McDonald’s
Burger Photo Gallery (click pictures to enlarge)
Find this Burger
7527 Laguna Blvd
Elk Grove CA 95758
On the Web: http://www.mcdonalds.com
McDonald’s is a global fast food chain that actually started out in 1940 as “McDonald’s Bar-B-Que”, a drive-in restaurant with car hop service in San Bernadino, CA.
McDonald’s now has over 31,000 restaurant locations in 119 countries. It’s also the first burger that I can remember eating when I was growing up as a kid in the Southern United States.
The Quarter Pounder with Cheese from McDonald’s is one of my first “burger memories”. Both my parents worked, so sometimes when McDonald’s was having a sale, or if they were feeling fancy, they would buy up about a dozen or so Quarter Pounders with Cheese and then put them in the freezer. This was right about the time when microwaves first came out, and me my brother and sister would heat up one after school as a snack.
There’s nothing really fancy about the Quarter Pounder with Cheese, but there are a few things that make it stand out for me. There’s that salty, cheesy taste of the two pieces of cheese. There’s the onions (I preferred when they used the tiny onions that they now use on the double cheeseburgers) smothered in ketchup and mustard. There’s the slightly salty, but unique to McDonald’s taste of the burger itself.
Put them all together and you get a burger that’s “good enough” to bring back fond memories and fill you up on those days when a fancy burger just isn’t an option.
As you can see, I’m definitely not a burger snob by any means. I get cravings for both the quick fix of a fast food burger almost as often as the slow fix of a fancy restaurant burger cooked to a perfect medium rare. When you don’t have the luxury of eating a top notch 40+ point super burger, a Quarter Pounder with Cheese provides a fulfilling trip down memory lane.
- Burger Juiciness (because a dry burger is just wrong) 4
- Bun Goodness (a quality meat holder is essential) 4
- Burger Flavor (is the meat itself extra tastilicious) 5
- Burger Value (you can pay too much for a .99 cent burger and an amazing burger can seem like a steal at $20…and vice versa) 8
- B Factor (this is that super subjective thing that makes each review unique. That gene se qua, that something special about the experience. Could be the special sauce, could be the atmosphere of the joint, could be the ridiculous shakes that you paired the burger with, or it could be some french fries that make you wanna cry) 6
Total Score: 27pts