Broadway Burger – Jamie’s Broadway Grille – Sacramento, CA
Burger Photo Gallery (click pictures to enlarge)
Find this Burger
Address: 427 Broadway
Sacramento, CA 95818
Phone: (916) 442-4044
On the Web: http://www.jamiesbroadwaygrille.com/
When people talk burgers in Sacramento, inevitably Jamie’s Broadway Grille generally enters the conversation like when Star Wars comes up when people talk about movies. It’s just a give that everyone has tried it.
I was out of the loop for awhile, so I recently had to remedy being the only person in town who hadn’t tried Jamie’s Bar and Grill (even after it was featured on Diners Drive-Ins and Dives, I still hadn’t heard of it). Jamie’s is a little dive bar located in the soul of Sacramento. Walking up to the door, you almost aren’t sure if you’re in the right place.
The “famous” Broadway Burger is the only burger on the menu and it’s a freshly ground patty cooked to order with grilled onions. lettuce, tomato and their house made mayo. A healthy sized portion of battered french fries comes on the side to complete the meal.
Let me start out by saying that this isn’t a “fancy” burger. It’s not overly extravagant, filled with frills, or topped with foie gras. This is a simple burger with fresh ingredients. That being said, this was a darn good burger!
The key is that they took the time to get all the ingredients just right.
The burger was cooked to a perfect medium rare and had a nice smooth, freshly formed texture when I bit into it. The cheese was nicely melted over the top and into each of the burger crevasses. The tomatoes and lettuce were crisp and juicy and the onions were grilled to goodness. They could’ve just spread some Best Foods mayo on the toasted sesame seed bun; instead, they made their own mayonnaise which tastes as good on the fries as it does on the burger!
There’s something very satisfying about a burger that gets the details right. Simple, but well prepared and paired with some of the best fries I’ve had in Sacramento. This burger definitely gets the burgerjunkies stamp of approval.
If you’re working in downtown Sacramento or find yourself driving by, I highly recommend stopping in at Jamie’s Broadway Grille and trying the burger there! After I ate there, I heard a ton of rave reviews for their clam chowder, so I’ll probably be stopping by again soon for a big bowl!
- Burger Juiciness (because a dry burger is just wrong) 9
- Bun Goodness (a quality meat holder is essential) 7
- Burger Flavor (is the meat itself extra tastilicious) 7
- Burger Value (you can pay too much for a .99 cent burger and an amazing burger can seem like a steal at $20…and vice versa) 10
- B Factor (this is that super subjective thing that makes each review unique. That gene se qua, that something special about the experience. Could be the special sauce, could be the atmosphere of the joint, could be the ridiculous shakes that you paired the burger with, or it could be some french fries that make you wanna cry) 7
Total Score: 40pts