BBQ Burger – 4th Street Grille – Sacramento, CA
Burger Photo Gallery (click pictures to enlarge)
Find this Burger
Address: 400 L St
Sacramento, CA 95814
Phone: (916) 448-2847
On the Web: http://www.4thstreetgrille.com
4th Street Grille is a New American cuisine restaurant in downtown Sacramento, CA. You can find a wide range of dining influences on their menu including Italian, Asian, and French inspired dishes.
This trip to 4th Street Grille was a lunch date with my wife and my friend from Twitter, @yetanothersusan. After driving around for a bit looking for a parking spot and almost running over Susan crossing the street, I made my way into the corner situated restaurant.
I made a couple of laps around the menu as I figured out which burger to order. My choices were the Blue Cheese Burger, their House Burger and the BBQ Burger. I asked for help from the waitress and she mentioned that they made the BBQ sauce in-house, so I made that my choice.
I ordered my burger medium rare, and after my round of picture taking, I’d say it ended up a good solid medium. I guess the chef didn’t prepare for the burger to keep cooking as I snapped off a few photos for my blog :)
The bun was soft and fresh, but possibly too fluffy (if that’s possible). It wasn’t bad, but it seemed a little too big for the burger. The burger patty was decently juicy, but not overwhelmingly mouth-watering. The BBQ sauce had a very nice, sweet (and only slightly tangy) taste that really gave the burger its overall flavor. The BBQ plus bacon combination is almost an instant “good burger” combo…it’s pretty hard to mess up. The melted cheddar cheese contrasted with the crunchy fried onion strings gave the burger a nice mixture of textures.
Overall the BBQ Burger at 4th Street Grille was an above average cheeseburger. The sweet BBQ sauce had a unique flavor, but nothing on the burger made me scream like Al Green. Don’t get me wrong, this was a GOOD burger, but after eating a LOT of “good” burgers, my goal is to find that James Brown burger. You know the one that makes you wanna jump back and kiss yourself. If you’re eating in downtown Sacramento, the 4th Street Grille is definitely worth a stop. There were definitely several other dishes on the menu that sounded pretty delicious.
- Burger Juiciness (because a dry burger is just wrong) 8
- Bun Goodness (a quality meat holder is essential) 7
- Burger Flavor (is the meat itself extra tastilicious) 8
- Burger Value (you can pay too much for a .99 cent burger and an amazing burger can seem like a steal at $20…and vice versa) 8
- B Factor (this is that super subjective thing that makes each review unique. That gene se qua, that something special about the experience. Could be the special sauce, could be the atmosphere of the joint, could be the ridiculous shakes that you paired the burger with, or it could be some french fries that make you wanna cry) 7
Total Score: 38pts